Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Filming Blog

After many days of preparing for our commercial, we finally filmed it. Since our commercial was for the company Gatorade, each group member had to bring in a product. I went to the store and bought the energy bars we were going to use while we were filming. Another group member brought in the Gatorade drink and chewables that would be used in other scenes. This allowed us to all pay around the same amount. Whichever actor used the product was the one that brought it. Katherine brought the drink because that's what she was using during her scenes. During the whole filming process, I had a lot of different jobs. This included the actor and director. My main job was to film with the camera. During the whole process, we all had different jobs that needed to be done in order for our commercial to be the best it could be.

One of my jobs, like I said before, was to direct. To direct, I had to put everyone into their places of how it would be filmed. Directing was a lot of fun for me because I was able to be a part of the decision of how the final product will look. Putting the actors in their places and telling them what moves to do allowed my creativity to truly come out. For example, one of my group members, Andrew had to do a scene where he was stretching. As the director, I had to make sure I told him where to stand and how "big" we wanted the stretches. If he was doing them weakly, I was in charge of telling him to do them with more emphasis. During the process, I found out that I actually really enjoy being a director. I'm not that creative of a person and I think that being a director allowed me to explore my creative side more.

My main job was to film. Part of this job was signing out and in the camera equipment, including the tripod, camera, and sd card. Another big part of my job was being in charge of making sure that wherever someone was looked good, in terms of light and position. If the shadow didn't look good or there were people in the background, as filmer and director, I had to tell them where to be in order to get the perfect shot. For our first scene, I had to go from a low angle and tilt the camera up. Being the main filmer, I had to get on the ground and decide if we wanted the silhouette effect the angle was giving us and if not we'd have to change the angle. Emiliano also filmed with me and we were able to figure out exactly where the camera had to be held for our perfect shot.

My final job was to be an actor. Unfortunately, one of our group members didn't bring their athletic clothes and the scene would have looked ridiculous if he was working out in business clothes. Luckily for us, Katherine happened to bring another workout shirt so I changed into that. We had to change the workout a little, but it won't change the overall outcome of the commercial. The workout I did was a gymnastics skill, instead of throwing a football like we had planned.











No comments:

Post a Comment