Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog for Music Video

We have officially started to film our music video. This has been long awaited and my whole group was so excited because of the vision we had. The song, "Best of Both Worlds" is very near and dear to us and we knew exactly how we wanted it to be filmed once we chose the song. My main job was to be the "celebrity" actor. This meant I had to dress well and act like a celebrity. Before we even started filming or even storyboarding we decided the actors would live mirroring lives with small differences. This showed how a celebrity and a normal person lived their lives. I also carried the tripod around all day once we signed out the tripod and camera. This was annoying to do but it showed how a real director would feel. We all decided to meet on Thursday after school because that was a day we were all able to meet. 
We all were meeting at filming at my house. I had to prepare before they came by cleaning my room and getting out any props we would need. Everyone got to my house and we decided on what we would need to do first. I had to change into pajamas to show that I just woke up. We filmed me putting on makeup and getting ready for the day. The "normal person" actor, Kathy, was filmed putting her hair up to show that we both get ready but, usually, celebrities care more. The next thing we filmed was me adjusting my straps of my outfit. During this scene, I couldn't stop laughing so I had to tell Kathy to get out of the room. She kept staring at me and it made me laugh every time. Even though this was an issue, we were able to solve it quickly and get back on track. We were about to film Aitan, my "assistant" arriving at my house when the camera died. We decided to charge the camera and then get food just to see if it would charge a little. When we came back, it wasn't charged. We started to plan how we would film next time. 
The next time we film, I think it will go a lot faster. We already know how we are going to film so we will be prepared and won't have to discuss as much. Kathy and I will probably film a few scenes by ourselves because Aitan is gone for the week. This is fine, however, because he is only in 1 or 2 scenes and we will meet up with him again when he gets back. Kathy and I will probably film at her house because she has the materials for the scenes we need. We will hopefully film earlier in the day, too, so we don't have to worry about the sun going down. Filming has been already a lot of fun and I can't wait to see the end product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment