Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the Final Task

Hi again! I'm Amy and I'm a 10th grader at a school in South Florida. I'm the secretary of my class and am in student government. I'm actually the main planner of an event at school coming up and I couldn't be more excited. I was chosen for this job because I'm very organized and the student government sponsor trusts me, a sophomore amongst a bunch of seniors! I love to work with kids and I'm even a camp counselor during summer. When I'm older, I want to be a pediatric occupational therapist so working at a camp will really help for the future. I also volunteer with special needs kids and I will be working with them as an occupational therapist. I live with my parents, sister, and dog and am extremely close with my whole extended family. For the final task, I am working with Katherine (Kathy) and Aitan. I have worked with them before and trust them to do a great job and be hardworking.
In this class, we have learned a lot about the pre-production, production, and post-production process. The first thing we learned is that no matter how long the final product is, the process to make it can take days, if not weeks to finish. Although storyboarding can be a pain, we learned that it is such an important process to make sure the final product works out. We use it while we are filming to make sure we are headed in the right direction. We have also learned a lot about the cameras and SD cards we use, which will be helpful for future projects, or if I ever just want to use a camera. I am excited to learn more about the editing process. Although I already know a lot, I am excited to learn more. I have always wanted to start a Youtube channel, so with the editing skills I learned, maybe I can pursue that dream. I am also excited to film more. Filming is such a fun and creative process, that allows the actors to truly express themselves. During the filming process, we can be as creative as we want. This allows us to make our film different than our fellow students.
The pitch of the movie is what is used to describe the film. The pitch is usually 25 words or less, or 1-2 sentences. Our first pitch is that an important woman to the US government gets kidnapped and has to find a way to escape. The next one is that a restrained girl wakes up and has flashbacks to her kidnapping as she realizes she's trapped. She must find a way to escape without being caught. The last pitch is that a psycho girl falls in love with a serial killer. Ok guys, until next time. See ya :)



No comments:

Post a Comment