Sunday, March 29, 2020

Filming and Editing Summary

     Now that we're done with filming, I figured I would talk to you about my main jobs while filming and editing. This blog is meant to be like a summary blog of all the work I did.
     My main job while filming the whole time was an actress. I was the main actress while we were filming which meant that I did not get to direct for the most part. I did help direct a little, however, like scenes I wasn't in and even some scenes I was it. I gave my creative input if I thought we should film another way. This allowed the project to be little parts of how we all wanted and not just the "vision" of one person. Acting was hard but it was a lot of fun because I got to be creative and explore my acting skills, no matter how poor they were.
     Every time we went to film, it was my job to set up some stuff. When we got to Katherine's house, Aitan and I got out the camera and tripod, while Katherine finished setting up her house to be "filming-ready." At my house, when it was time to film, Katherine and Aitan set up the camera, while I got our filming location ready. This allowed our set up and clean up to be fast and let us film as much as possible every time we met up to film.
     During our editing time, we also all had different jobs. My first job every time we got into class was to get the laptop. I also had to hand in our camera and tripod if we didn't need it anymore. That just meant that I had to hand it in and turn in the paper we used to sign materials in and out. During editing, I also usually imported all the files. Whenever our laptop didn't work, I usually went to get another one to test if it would work. I also was in charge of putting the laptops away and making sure we handed everything in.
      This photo is a photo from one of our filming days where you can see me mid-acting for one of the scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment