Thursday, March 12, 2020

Filming at another location

The next day of filming was done at my house. The difference in location is because we needed another house to make the film more realistic. The different locations were for the different characters, showing the kidnapper at one house and the friend at another. When Katherine and Aitan got to my house, we made sure our filming location was cleared. I cleared my kitchen table and cleaned the kitchen of anything that wouldn't be natural in our film. I reviewed what we had to film while Katherine and Aitan set up the camera. Unfortunately, we filmed when it was light outside and we needed our location to be dark. We filmed at a similar time as before but due to daylight savings time, the lighting was all messed up. I put all the curtains in my house down to create a night effect while Katherine and Aitan played with the settings on the camera. We decided on the curtains down and a low light setting to make the effect that it was night outside. We filmed Katherine's scenes first and she had to open the cabinet and tell my character to walk the dog. While she was doing this, she wanted me out of the room so she felt like she was yelling for me and making it feel more realistic. The scenes after this took a while for us to film. Katherine and I could not stay serious and it took us around 20 minutes to get serious enough to film the scenes. We had to film the same scene from my perspective and hers of Katherine giving me the leash. After this, we had to film phone call scenes in my room. We had to make the room very dark and put a flashlight at the ceiling to create the creepy lighting. Katherine filmed at one part of the room and Aitan filmed at another to show the difference in their locations. After this, we were done filming and we had to put everything away. We were officially done with first filming after what felt like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment