Thursday, October 15, 2020

Research 9, the feature film

Like the short film, at first glance, I did not like this film and when I started it, I was very negative about it. I was under the impression I was not going to like it because of negative things I've heard from other people. I thought the dolls were weird and I had never heard of the film, so I assumed it was bad. It was wrong of me to make that assumption because I actually ended up liking it. Also, 9 is adorable! I liked that the film was not too dark and dreary. I was worried the film was going to be very dark but there were actually some beautiful scenes with a pinkish sky. My favorite characters were 5, 6, 7, and 9. I loved how determined 9 was to save everybody. Even when his friends doubted him, he kept going. He'll do anything to save his friends and he definitely proved that. I think the film shows 9's personality wonderfully. 5 was a great side character and best friend. 5 would never let 9 go alone even when he was doubtful and scared. My favorite of all of them was 7. I love that she was a woman fighter. The fact that they made her a woman showed she didn't need a man to save her. Instead, she was saving the men, most of the time. I also loved 6 because I thought he was very smart. His advice helped 9 figure out what to do and without him, there wouldn't have been such a happy ending. Speaking of the ending, I think it tied the movie together very nicely. We got to see a happy ending and everybody coming together. We also got to see 1's character development. He started off scared and not willing to die and towards the end we saw him sacrifice himself to save everybody. 




No comments:

Post a Comment