Monday, October 12, 2020

Research 9, the short

I watched the short film 9, which was later was made into a full-length film. If we're being honest, I did not really like this film. It was kind of weird and I didn't really get it at first. The short film kind of reminds me of the Pixar movie Wall-E because it looks like it takes place in the same setting. I noticed that the film takes place from the perspective of 9, for the most part. Sometimes, however, it shows the perspectives of other characters. For example, at one point we see what the monster, spider-type thing is looking at. This is interesting to me and I liked that because I hate when we only see one perspective. I think seeing another character's point of view allows us to see more of the film. We see 9 becoming more and more scared as he becomes alone after the monster killed his friend. Although he is frightened, we see him outsmart the monster. His friend, before he died, tried to protect 9 and didn't let 9 go in front of the monster. Once 9 is alone, he has to learn to protect himself. This shows that he learns to protect himself and even ends up killing the monster. His character development shows him starting off as timid, and then becoming brace as he has to protect himself. I liked the special effects a lot. I liked how in the end the dead characters are glowing and the numbers are not attached to them. I think this was a cool way to show the difference between dead and alive characters. Although I did not like the film from first glance, it grew on me. I liked the character development and I liked how the good guy won and got to see his friend one last time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment