Thursday, February 20, 2020

It's time to get filming!

     Its time to get filming! We are finally ready to start filming our opening and I couldn't be more excited. My main job is to act as the girl that is getting kidnapped, Amanda. I was chosen for this role because we wanted a girl to be the one getting kidnapped and not a boy. Out of Katherine and I, I was the better actress.
     The first thing I had to do was set up the drawers. This meant I had to take out all of the clothes and things inside of them so they would be empty for when it came time for us to film with them. The next thing Aitan and I did was set up the camera. We had to prepare the tripod and set it up to the height we wanted and put the camera on top of it. During this process, we noticed the camera wasn’t charged fully, although it said it was when we picked the camera up from our teacher's room. This has happened to us before, though, so we knew that we could just use an extension cord while filming.
     After this, it was time to start filming and I had to sit in the chair while Katherine and Aitan put on my blindfold, wrists restraints, and gag. This was to make it seem like I had just gotten kidnapped. I also had to breathe heavily to show the scaredness and worriness my character felt. We had to film these scenes multiple times because the blindfold or wrists restraints were too loose. In the next scenes, I had to shake my head slightly. This was to remove the blindfold and show that my character was slowing realizing what was happening. The next thing I was instructed to do was spit out the gag in my mouth. In the scene after this, I had to try and use my hands only to find them tied up and a confused look had to cross my face. My job for today's filming was to be the actress. Katherine and Aitan told me what to do most of the time and I did it. In the end, we all had to work to take the camera/tripod apart and clean any parts of the room we messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment