Friday, February 21, 2020

We're about halfway done!

Filming was going smoothly. The first thing I had to do was act desperate and cry out for help. I yelled "help" in hopes of showing the scaredness my character felt. I was able to untie my hands as Katherine and Aitan directed the camera angles in a way that added a creepy connotation. The scene after this I had to act in showed me standing near the chair. I had to open the drawer but with the chair closeby to show I was still restrained by the ankles. We shot me opening the drawer multiple times to show the different angles. We used a trunk shot because they are uncommon and we had to do a long shot to show that I was still restrained by the ankles. The next thing I did was untie my ankles. This took a while, though, because background noises would occur and we wanted it to be quiet. Whoever was directing at the time, then had me roll my ankles. This signified by freedom and that the tie was possibly so tight it hurt my ankles. We then had to show my character's nervousness by having me rub my hands across my thighs. I thought to include this because people often do this when they are nervous or stressed and it would add to the mood.
The next scenes I shot took a while to take. I had to walk across the room and we had to use a tracking shot. Unfortunately, there was a bed in the way so Aitan had to lay across the bed and move the camera but also try and make it as non-shaky as possible. After we figured that out, I had to act like my character was trying to open the door and when it didn't open, yell out a sign of disappointment. This scene needed a few takes originally because of different camera angles. Unfortunately, this scene took me around 20 minutes because I could not get serious. I had to try and cover my ears to focus, walk out of the room, and drink water and it still took me a while to stop laughing. After this, we had to film one more scene of me walking/pacing the room and a scene of me banging on the window. The window banging scene had multiple scenes shot because of the use of different angles. The last thing we had to do was clean up everything. Aitan and I put away the camera and tripod and helped Katherine put the room back in order. We're finally about halfway done with shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment