Monday, February 24, 2020

Scenes at Katherine's house are officially done!

Today was the last day of filming at Katherine's house. We still have a few more scenes to be filmed at my house and we will be done with the first shoots! We reached a couple complications from the beginning. One groupmate forgot the tripod on the bus so we were not able to film on Sunday like planned. Another groupmate forgot to charge the camera. Because we have had similar issues in the past, we learned to use an extension cord. The first scenes we filmed were continuations of the last scenes from the last day. Whoever was directing at the time, told me to walk around and kneel down. This was to examine the camera that was set up as a "spy cam" in the kidnapper room. We had to film these a few times because we had many different angles, like an over the shoulder shot and a medium shot. The next thing we filmed was me at the door. I had to put my hand on the doorknob on one scene and open the door in the next. These different angles but very similar scenes showed my character's fear and confusion. Aitan was finally filmed in a scene walking around the hall as a shadow and I had to walk in many different parts in Katherine's hallway to show me walking around the "kidnapper's" house. The next scene was very important. I had to open the curtain which then showed an envelope. I talked the most in this scene than in any other scene. It was hard for me however because I had to show my fear in my voice. The scenes coming up we were all the most excited for. We were finally filming outside and Aitan had to use his acting skills. He acted as a kidnapper to me, so we had to show him walking behind me and then suddenly appearing in front of me. These scenes were a little rushed because the extension cord wasn't long enough for outside and we only had about 10 minutes of camera/filming time. We cleaned up everything and we were finally done with all of the scenes at Katherine's house. We only have to film a few scenes at my house, so it shouldn't take too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment